October 18, 2021 – 9:30 a.m.
Texas Health and Human Services Commission, Robert Bernstein Building, K-100 Public Hearing Room
1100 West 49th St.
Austin, Emission 78751
This meeting will be webcast. Members of the public can attend the meeting in person at the above address or access a live broadcast of the meeting here. Select the Bernstein K-100 Live Audience Room tab on the date and time of this meeting. Please send an email to [email protected] if you have any problem with the webcast feature.
This meeting will also take place by videoconference in accordance with the requirements of article 551.127 of the Government Code. The Council member presiding over the meeting will be physically present at the location specified above.
Participants wishing to provide public comment should see the Public comment section below.
- Welcome, roll call and introductions
- Consideration of July 19, 2021, meeting report
- TBIAC Report to the Executive Commissioner of the Health and Social Services Commission (CSS)
- Review of changes to the statutes of the TBIAC
- Committee updates
- Education, awareness, services and supports
- Legislative and political
- Database review
- Brain Injury Program Announcements and Updates
- Public comment
- Preparation of the next meeting scheduled for January 24, 2022
The Council can decide on any point of the agenda.
Public comment: HHSC welcomes comments from the public on matters related to TBIAC. Members of the public who wish to provide public comment can choose from the following options:
- Oral comments provided virtually: Members of the public should register in advance to provide oral comments virtually during the meeting by completing a public comment registration form here no later than 5:00 PM Thursday, October 14, 2021. Please check the correct one. box on the public comment registration form. and indicate your name, either the organization that you represent or that you speak as a private citizen, and your direct telephone number. If you have completed the public comment sign-up form, you will receive an email the day before the meeting with instructions for providing virtual public comments. Public comments are limited to three minutes. Each speaker providing oral public comment virtually must ensure that their face is visible and their voice is audible to other participants as they speak. Each speaker must indicate their name and on whose behalf they are speaking (if applicable). If you pre-register to speak and would like to provide a document prior to the meeting, please submit an electronic copy in an accessible PDF format which will be distributed by HHS staff to TBIAC members and government staff. Documents are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5 “by 11”, single side). Documents should be emailed to [email protected] immediately after pre-registration, but no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 14, 2021, and include the name of the person commenting. Do not include health information or other confidential information in your comments or documents. Staff will not read documents aloud during the meeting, but documents will be provided to TBIAC members and State staff.
- Written comments: Members of the public can provide written public comments by completing a public comment sign-up form here. A member of the public who wishes to provide written public comments should email the comments to [email protected] no later than 5:00 p.m. Thursday, October 14, 2021. Please include your name and the organization you represent or that you speak as a private citizen. Written comments should be emailed to HHSC immediately after pre-registration and include the name of the person who will comment. Written comments are limited to two pages (paper format: 8.5 “by 11”, one side only). Do not include health information or other confidential information in your comments. Staff will not read written comments aloud during the meeting, but comments will be provided to TBIAC members and State staff.
- Oral comments provided in person at the meeting location: Members of the public can provide oral public comments during the in-person meeting at the meeting location either by pre-registering using the form above or without pre-registering by completing a form at the meeting location. entrance to the meeting room. Do not include health information or other confidential information in your comments.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content or meeting arrangements should be directed to Blake Agee, Brain Injury Programs Liaison, Acquired Brain Injury Office, 737-336-6540, [email protected] .texas.gov.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required and there is no charge to attend this meeting.
Those wishing to attend the meeting and in need of technology or support services should contact Agee at 737-336-6540 or [email protected] at least 72 hours before the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.