PSG’s Mbappe speaks ‘at a dead end’ amid Real Madrid interest


The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.

TOP STORY: PSG talks with Mbappe’s stand

Talks on a new deal for Kylian Mbappé at Paris Saint-Germain are “deadlocked” according to Diario AS, without any progress in negotiations with the goal of Real Madrid in recent months.

The newspaper reports that “the situation is the same as it was in August” when Mbappe, 22, wanted to move to the Bernabeu this summer.

PSG were optimistic about their ability to convince the striker to stay, but they will be free to negotiate with other clubs in January and AS say that “with each passing day, Mbappe is further away from continuing in Paris” .

Sources told ESPN’s Alex Kirkland and Rodrigo Faez in August that Madrid were ready to pay € 200million on the transfer deadline day, but received no response and had to put their offer in to make land the star waiting.

– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately

LIVE BLOG

13:21 GMT: Real Madrid have no plans to move to Paul pogba on a free transfer if his contract with Manchester United expires next summer, Marca reports.

According to the newspaper, club officials believe the 28-year-old midfielder “would not fit in, despite his qualities as a footballer” and prefer to extend Luka Modric‘s grants by another season to allow them to focus on strengthening other positions.

Pogba was previously set to join Madrid when he left Juventus for United in 2016, Marca said, and again in the summer of 2019 at the behest of then-manager Zinedine Zidane.

12.28 GMT: Barcelona have taken a step forward for Spain Ferran Torres but talks with Manchester City have so far proved unsuccessful, sources told ESPN’s Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens.

New coach Xavi Hernandez is keen to add another attacking player to his squad in January, with ESPN reporting last week that Barca have also surveyed City Rahim sterling and duo from Chelsea Timo werner and Hakim Ziyech.

Barca have also made Torres one of their main targets, having watched him since his first breakthrough at Valencia. The club believe their La Liga experience would make the adjustment process easier.

Football director Mateu Alemany and CEO Ferran Reverter were in Manchester on Friday for a meeting with City to discuss a transfer.

Sources told ESPN that City’s initial response was that they were reluctant to let go of Torres, who is expected to return from an injury at the end of the year.

Torres, 21, is reportedly open to a return to Spain, however, and sources added that City could open the door to an exit if he expressed a desire to leave.

However, they are reportedly demanding more than € 40m for a player they initially signed for € 23m from Valencia in 2020.

11:41 GMT: Real Betis have made ‘significant strides’ in talks with playmaker Nabil Fekir on a new contract that could keep him at the club until 2026, Marca reports.

Fekir, 28, was set to join Liverpool from Lyon in 2018 – the year he was part of the World Cup-winning France squad – before the move failed.

He has shone since joining Betis a year later. This season, he is among the best players in LaLiga for penalties, chances created and fouls suffered and the club now want to extend a deal that expires in June 2023.

Marca says a series of meetings have taken place between club bosses and Fekir representatives in recent weeks and that only “a financial and sporting offer that he cannot refuse” would see him go.

10:48 GMT: Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool have been put on alert by the midfielder Carney Chukwuemekathe decision not to sign a new contract with Aston Villa, The Guardian reports.

The 18-year-old made his first Premier League start for Villa in August’s 1-1 draw against Brentford, after making league appearances against Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea last season at the age of 17 .

Chukwuemeka apparently wouldn’t see a path to Villa’s first team and is looking for opportunities elsewhere. Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund have also been linked with an interest in him.

09:51 GMT: Michael Carrick has supported the Manchester United squad to adjust to Ralf rangnickThe pressing style if and when the German takes over at Old Trafford.

Sources told ESPN’s Rob Dawson that United will appoint former RB Leipzig coach Rangnick until the end of the season before installing a new permanent boss this summer.

Rangnick’s sides have a reputation for fierce, something Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s United have been accused of not doing well ahead of the Norwegian’s sacking.

Carrick, who will be in charge of Sunday’s trip to Chelsea, was silent on Rangnick’s imminent arrival as interim manager until the end of the season at a press conference on Friday, but believes the l he team will be able to adapt to any coach who comes. in.

“The speculations and the reports are the speculations and the reports,” Carrick said, when asked if he had been made aware of Rangnick’s appointment.

“As I sit here now, I prepare the team for the game [against Chelsea]. I have no more news to share with you on this subject. “

When specifically asked if Rangnick could be successful in implementing his pressing style with United’s crop of players, Carrick said: “There are a lot of different styles in football.

“There is a group of players here, whoever it is, they can adapt. There are very good people and human beings in the squad and I’m sure they will look forward to what lies ahead. . “

09:00 GMT: Chelsea have yet to open new contract negotiations with Mason frame But all sides are relaxed about the situation unlike reports in Spain that Real Madrid are interested in him, sources have told ESPN’s James Olley.

It had been suggested that the midfielder was unhappy at Stamford Bridge, particularly because of his role with the squad, but sources claim Mount has a healthy relationship with head coach Thomas Tuchel and focuses on further success with the Blues.

Negotiations have yet to start on a new deal, but the 22-year-old has two and a half years to go on his existing deal and the club believe there is no rush at the moment.

It is expected that conversations will begin later in the season as Chelsea first prioritize discussions with several players whose deals expire next summer, mainly Antonio rudiger, Andreas Christensen, Cesar Azpilicueta and Thiago silva.

– ESPN notebook: The interior stories of football

PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)

Marca reported that it will be a busy January transfer window for Real Madrid and went on to say why. First of all, they will be able to discuss freely with Paris Saint-Germain Kylian Mbappé, that of Chelsea Antonio rudiger and that of Manchester United Paul pogba on possible free transfers in the summer of 2022 – although they are still undecided on whether to move for the latter two.

Luka Jovic, Mariano Diaz and Jesus Vallejo could all leave, while renewals for Vinicius Junior and Eder Militao will be worked. Nothing will be done for Marcelo, Isco and Gareth Bale, however, as they’ll all be leaving for free at the end of the season.

– Bayern Munich may seek to sign Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-André ter Stegen in 2023 with Manuel Neuer aging, reports El Nacional. The BlaugranaS’s financial situation means they might be willing to discuss a deal if the Bavarians exceed its market valuation by 55 million euros. However, the plug has a contract until 2025 and is not a priority to unload.

– Juventus and Tottenham Hotspur are both interested in signing a man from AS Roma Nicolo Zaniolo, as reported by Calciomercato. Roma will do their best to keep the Italian, however, with their intention to extend the 22-year-old’s contract for another year, which would take him until 2025.

– Newcastle United have been linked with signing Ousmane Dembele, corn Sports Journal hinted that the French had no interest in joining them. Barcelona are receptive to the financial offer that is being made, but Dembele wants a bigger sporting project and is not impressed with his squad – something that will not be affected by any salary or package offered.

– Internazionale takes an interest in the Sassuolo trio Davide Frattesi, Giacomo Raspadori and Gianluca Scamaca, as reported by Calciomercato. The deals for the first two are currently considered complicated, but Scamacca could realistically be signed as an alternative to Edin Dzeko due to their similar profiles. A good relationship between the two clubs will help any potential deal.

Nani has announced that his contract with Orlando City SC will not be extended and that he will be leaving the club. The Portuguese winger spent three years in Orlando, but it is reported that the club have not taken the option of extending his stay.


Source link

Previous Suresh Seshadri reviews Tata: the global society that built Indian capitalism, by Mircea Raianu
Next GIPF tentacles ... where billions of civil servants are invested